Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Hunter S. Thompson on Bush




Bankrate: You are neighbors with Prince Bandar, the Saudi ambassador and longtime Bush family friend featured in Michael Moore's "Fahrenheit 9/11."

Hunter S. Thompson: I can see him from my front porch. He's been a pretty good neighbor; that counts for a lot out here. He will shoot some skeet now and then. I don't want to say anything really ugly about him. He's an enlightened plutocrat, I guess you call it. Michael Moore is dead right on that, and it's even worse than you think. Bandar. All kinds of roads cross out here. Networks and wires.

Bankrate: The Bush Administration seems to have lit your fuse. Are you angry again?

Hunter S. Thompson: Very angry. I'm very angry. That's why I guess I have to write this (campaign) piece for Rolling Stone. This is the darkest hour that I have seen in my long experience as an American. This is evil.

Complete interview...click here

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Joy sez...

Why the heck can't this blogger stuff remember my name? aaargh!

Anyway, we may suppose Hunter was indeed angry. I'm not so sure I believe he was angry enough to blow his own head off, though.

CNN has his family saying he was in severe pain and didn't like his new pieces-parts, etc., etc. If I were Gonzo, I'd go for the "Really Good Drugs" rather than leave an unholy mess. But then again, maybe leaving an unholy mess was Hunter's way of giving his loving family nightmares for the rest of their lives.

How loving is THAT?

Bad move, if that's the move taken. No one will ever convince me Hunter S. Thompson couldn't have checked out of this life any time he wanted without the muss and fuss.

If Gary Trudeau does Duke in, I'd be willing to bet the "sordid truth of the matter" will have Honey pulling the trigger, only half by accident...

8:54 PM, February 24, 2005  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home