Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Proof! The Tide Has Turned!

Cross posted at DailyKos

Two things happened today that have convinced me that, almost overnight, The Change has come. THEY have turned on the President. These are two little stories that have seriously shocked me. First, I witnessed a big crack in Presidential support from a right wing coworker and then I heard of a near epiphany from my winger in-laws. Something has happened.

1. I just got home from the airport where I picked up my grandson who was returning from his stay with my rather extreme right wing in-laws. He's been there for three weeks. They had driven up for a visit and took him back with them for a vacation after they spent several days visiting us here at home. My brother-in-law and sister-in-law share a long history of political disagreement with me and my wife. We love each other dearly, but are so different politically that we generally do much better talking about baseball and family. We can't resist totally of course and during their visit we had a few engagements around the fire.

A mere three weeks ago, my in-laws were still shopping at the company store and buying into the whole agenda. On the way home from the airport my grandson informed me that they have now turned. Both of them are saying they are sorry they voted for him and that he really is a bad President. The nephew is openly calling him the worst ever and the adults are not arguing. It was only three weeks ago that they were saying he could turn out to be one of the best Presidents ever.

2.I have a coworker who I've always admired for his work, but not for his politics. For two years he has only expressed himself in FoxBot terms and has been very clear and unequivocal in his disdain for Hillary and the Democratic Party in general. He eats lunch in his car so he can listen to Rush. He has a Ronald Reagan calendar.

Today when I stopped by to talk work, the first thing he said to me was, " Now they're trying to link Hillary to support for Hezbollah. I may not like her that much, but that's just way over the top".

Huh? That's just way over the top? A week ago, you would have linked her to Vince Foster's murder!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home